FARM VISIT POLICY
Welcome! We are so excited that you are coming for a visit! Before you make your purchase there are a few things you need to know. Please take the time to read below. If you purchase any of our farm experience you must agree to the following terms and conditions in order to complete your purchase. You are purchasing up to one hour in our flower fields or the designated amount of time at one of our workshops. Our other fields are strictly off limits as well as any other parts of our farm beyond the public flower field. Please note our driveway is made for one way traffic only, this is just one of the reasons for being on time for your designated booking and why we cannot allow people to stay past this time. If you are late, you will be required to finish your picking with the allotted time you have left. We understand things can come up, but please be aware we will do our best to accommodate you, but we are not always able to do so. This is a working farm and you must stay on the gravel driveway and directly into the designated parking lot. In the winter our driveway is plowed, but please keep in mind that doesn’t mean it won’t be slippery at times. Please check in as soon as you arrive. We love that you’re excited to be here, but you must check in before entering the flower field or starting your workshop. We truly appreciate that our farm may look for a lovely place to have a picnic or go for a walk. We do not allow picnics on our farm unless booked separately beforehand. Please email email@example.com to book. Our farm is not open to the public beyond the pick your own designated areas.
During Your Visit
We provide the following on farm: We provide the snips for cutting your flowers and or greenery. During Pick Your Own we will also provide and a jar to carry your flowers in for the duration of picking. Please bring your own jar or vase with water to take your flowers home with you. Please keep in mind that the snips are very sharp to protect the flowers. Caution must be used at all times when using snips. Any equipment you are provided with must be returned at the end of your experience.
You should bring: Appropriate footwear for the weather. Rain, snow or sleet if your workshop is not cancelled you must be prepared for the type of attire that is necessary. Hats in the summer and something to drink on those hot days. Unless otherwise stated in your purchase, no food or drinks will be available during your visit. Unfortunately at this time strollers are not permitted in the flower rows and are unable to go on the Winter Workshop walk.
Rules of visiting our farm
- Please respect any rules and signs displayed at the farm.
- Leave your pets at home.
- Park your vehicle in designated areas only.
- For your own safety, visit only identified areas.
- Keep closed gates closed and opened gates open.
- Dispose of garbage in receptacles.
- If you have a group (more than 6) of people who would like to come and experience the farm, please email us at and we will be happy to put a package together for your experience.
- Children under the age of 12 must be always accompanied by an adult while at our farm.
- We limit the entrance to the field to those who have purchased a ticket to pick flowers. Each adult (over 13) who is not picking must purchase a visitors pass for $10 for the hour you are picking. Kids under 13 are free.
- As any other farm, we have bees. If you are allergic, please be aware we do not have EpiPen’s here at the farm.
- Food And Drinks: If the package you have purchased includes light refreshments, you are responsible for communicating all known allergies before attending or consuming any food or drink provided at our farm. If allergies are not fully communicated beforehand we accept no responsibility for the outcome of consuming any provided refreshments.
- You assume all risks. With your purchase you are assuming any and all risks of attending a working farm for you and any minors who attend with you. The ground is uneven, rocky, can be wet and slippery, you can even expect to be muddy some days. If using any of our provided equipment please be aware that the snips that you will use for cutting are very sharp and must be used with care. If there is a open fire for you enjoyment at your workshop care must be taken anytime you or anyone in your group is near it.
- No Climbing: On anything please. That includes fences, tractors of any other equipment, trees etc. This is for your own safety.
Pick Your Own Flowers
Your pick-your-own-flowers ticket purchase is limited to a mixed bouquet of our flowers. Our pick your own gardens were not designed to be harvested for one type of flower only. If you wish to do so please let us know and we can try to arrange this. The cost of doing so will be at our wholesale rates at that time. Please note that we are not always able to accommodate your requests.
- Snips must be returned after use.
- The bulbs of our tulips must remain in the ground.
- Access to other parts of our farm is not available. Your visit is limited to our Pick your own field.
- We do not allow any pets, but service animals.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- No food or beverages are allowed while visiting our farm.
- You must read and agree to our farm visitor policy.
We encourage and welcome all pictures that you would like to take of yourself. We would love if you would tag @theharrisonhillfarm. Any and all professional photography must be booked by the photographer only. All photographers must have proof of insurance and always held responsible for their client’s behaviour and safety while at our farm. If any damage or destruction occurs during a photography session the liability of that expense will be placed on the photographer. A deposit will be required to hold your booking. We do not allow any drones on our property without our consent. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquires.
Due to the outdoor nature of the winter greenery workshops, proof of vaccination will not be required. To use the on-site washroom facilities every person must use hand sanitizer before entering. A mask must also be worn for the duration of use.
Cancellations and Refunds
We reserve the right to cancel any bookings at our sole discretion. If you made a mistake in your booking please email email@example.com. We understand that sometimes cancellations do happen, but there is a lot of planning and purchasing done well in advance to each workshop. If you find you need to cancel please note we provide refunds in very limited circumstances. If you are unable to attend we will happily pack your greens to go and arrange a time for pick up.